In this era of technology, some people still find it difficult to use it effectively. From buying stuff to chit chats, everything is available online. To spend time with each other without moving we can do face-time. For ordering food, we can use different apps available in markets and so on. However, people usually in their early 40s and 50s find it difficult to use these apps easily. You may find this difficulty with social media apps also. To solve this problem we came up with this article where you can learn How to turn off comments on Facebook
People use social media to make connections easily. And be in touch with each other. However, there is no such thing in this world where there is no disadvantage. Technology has its disadvantages too. Some of us are currently facing these issues or some may tackle this situation in future.
Social media is not only for personal use. Moreover, it creates awareness among common issues and is also used to exchange views on them. But sometimes, a person wants to limit commenting and sharing on some posts; As they might be thought-provoking. But it is joyous to know that you can turn off the comments on such posts. To know that, let’s get into the reading!!
Controlling comments for personal profiles
When there is much information on social media for one to know about the person, on the other side, it might be hectic for the other. People used to comment bad words, especially on female profiles. Moreover, they do not spare them when a person expresses his views on religion, political parties, etc. In that case, it becomes important to use some privacy features to protect yourself. However, Facebook does not provide an option to disable the comments fully, but it provides privacy to some extent.
How to turn off the Facebook comments?: follow the steps.
- To begin with, first open the web browser on your ios, windows and log into your Facebook account, or you can directly open the Facebook app.
- In the web browser, click on the ‘drop-down arrow and select the option of “Privacy and Settings.” And in the app, click on vertical 3 lines and select the same option.
- Now, you can change the privacy setting. Control whoever sees your post, And also limit the sharing of posts.
Furthermore, you can also edit the activity settings. Read ahead and follow the steps.
Steps to Edit the Activity column in settings
Sharing personal posts with specific audiences on Facebook has provided a feature. Steps to follow.
- Go to the settings option as taught earlier, and on your left, select ‘profiles and tagging.’ Look for the ‘Hide’ option in ‘viewing and sharing.’ Click on “edit.”
- This allows you to choose the list of phrases, words, and emoticons to hide from the profile. Enter the sexy phrases/ words/ emoticons and select save.
Note: If a person uses the words from your hide list, automatically, the comment will be hidden from you and everyone. However, the person itself can see the comment who posted it.
Shortcut to edit the Activity Settings.
Suppose you want to limit the audience for a particular post. Then, this might be helpful for you.
- Select the desirable post and in the right corner, click on the 3 horizontal dots.
- Choose the option of Edit Audience
- Select from ‘friends except…close…friends…custom..etc
These lists will give you several options according to your needs. You can choose whatever option you want. To hide from a group of friends you can choose the option ‘friends except..’ and if you want to show only to your friend but not everyone. Choose the option ‘friends’ and so on.
How to turn off the comments on Facebook groups, follow the steps below!
Sometimes, we are irritated with the pop-up of the messages and want some peace. Or while working, we don’t want any unnecessary distraction. However, it would be a good option if you were the original poster or admin of the group. Then, this might be the perfect option to choose.
- Go to the settings option, tap on the ‘Groups’ option, and select the group you want to manage.
- Drag down to your desirable post on which you want to turn off the comments
- Tap on the three dots you find on the top right side of the screen. Now, select the option of ‘Turn off the commenting.’
However, it will not disable commenting on your entire Facebook wall.
Shortcut to turn off comments for Facebook groups
The shortest and easiest way to turn off the group commenting.
- tap on the three ellipses icon in the post’s top right corner.
- And from several options, select ‘turn off commenting,’ and here the job is done!
If you are an admin of your group, it will give you certain advantages to control the group. You can also control who can comment and make the group private. Stick usually to these groups to have control over the content and comments. This way, you have more administrative advantage over others.
Chrome extension that gives you this feature also.
Apart from the Facebook privacy setting, chrome also helps you control these situations. But this will block comments in the web browser from your end only. If you are using an app on your mobile, you find it problematic to use this option.
To use this chrome extension feature, you must select the ‘Shut Up comment Blocker for Chrome”.
Managing privacy for public posts
To limit the post-viewing audience and commenting audience, you can use the Facebook feature available in the settings.
- Go to the setting & privacy option and select settings.
- Settings give you several options. Choose ‘General’
- The available option will give you the ‘Public Posts’ option. Tap on it
- Now you can choose the option of ‘Public Post Comments’ and change the setting from public to friend or friends of friends, according to your need.
You can also choose who can follow you among the same options. This will help you by limiting the friend requests people can send you.
Public: This option will give everyone the liberty to go through your profiles and comment on whichever post they want, even those who are not your followers.
Friend of friends: This will limit the option to your friends of friends, and of course, it also includes your friends.
Friends: In this option, only your friends can see comments.
Suppose you were unaware of all these options before and want to delete some comments at this moment. You can delete comments manually as well. And for the future, you can use the above methods to secure your account.
How to delete comments?
You will know how to hide or delete particular comments in this section. Follow the steps below to delete using a web browser.
- Go to the post that has a displeasing comment.
- Look for the comment that you want to hide/ delete
- Select the three dots available in the right corner of the comment. Be careful not to click in the right corner of the post.
- The small menu bar will display, giving you two options.
- Among hide or delete, you can choose the option.
Note that the delete option will permanently remove the comment. The hide option will not remove it permanently. We can’t say that it’s the perfect solution, but it will help you to some extent and provide you with control over undesirable content.
A new feature of Facebook
To increase privacy and help you control your profile, Facebook has developed a new feature called Lock Facebook Profile. In this feature, only your friend can see your post and can comment on your post. This feature also disallows the users(who are not on the friend list) to see the profile picture. To use this feature, follow the steps.
- Open Facebook and tap on the profile option.
- Now click on the 3 horizontal ellipses just below the profile picture
- Now you see the number of options and find the Lock Profile option.
- Please tap on the option and confirm it.
Conclusion: How to turn off comments on Facebook
You noticed that you could not completely turn off the Facebook comments in this article. However, you can use the privacy features to some extent only. Somehow, these features limit the privacy of the users. But you can block posts from a particular page. And also, you can specify the most used word on which you don’t want to see posts on your page/profile/timeline. Earlier, you also see that you can limit the number of friend requests from outsiders. You might feel some features are time-consuming and hectic, but the latest feature Facebook introduced to its users removes all the headaches. In this, you can give access to the limited person only.
Moreover, if you want to keep your profile open, you must opt for the turnoff Facebook comments option. Hope you find this article helpful. Stay tuned for such amazing articles, and bookmark us for more information.