Christmas holidays are very special as they let us immerse in the vibes of happiness and fun. As parents, we want to craft some exclusive memories for our toddlers that keep them engaged. Right before the holiday season scrolling the internet becomes their favorite pastime. Because they want to ensure merry-making, engagement, and creative lessons for the tiny tots. We understand your hustle, and therefore, we have rounded up Christmas Activities for toddlers that will help to stimulate their cognitive function. So, let’s cheer you up with these activities.
Christmas Activities for Toddlers- Let’s Together Have Fun
The essence of Christmas is spreading happiness all around. With the Jingle bells and Santa wishes, your kids will feel exhilarated. To turn their festive feelings crazy, turn your planning mode on so that you can make the best out of this holiday season. Here are some creative suggestions for you related to Christmas activities for toddlers.
1) Christmas Karaoke Party
The little ones love humming Jingle Bells in a low voice. It’s time to bring out the coveted artist in them. Plan a creative Karaoke party that stimulates their excitement and cheers them up. Indulge your kids in planning and direct them on how to send invitations and arrange a theme for the party.
Steps to Arrange a Christmas Karaoke party
- Your toddlers will exhibit their design sense and will prepare invitations based on colorful themes. The invitation card can be designed in red featuring Santa Claus or any other Christmas character.
- Ask them to decide on a place to host the party. Guide them to pick a place that entertains them the most. A living room or hall can be the best option for the party.
- The toddlers will decorate the Christmas tree with glittering lights all around the room.
- Guide them to pick some age-appropriate catchy songs and let them practice singing.
- Give some cues of the songs list beforehand to their friends also.
- Enjoy a Christmas Karaoke party with songs and carols and serve snacks to the kids.
Suitable for: Age group 3 to 6
2) Christmas Story Activity
Can you even think that the Christmas season can become a great learning experience for your toddlers? Here we unlock another creative Christmas activities for toddlers that will be perfect to host. Let’s take a look at the steps.
Steps Required for Christmas Story Activity
- Let your tiny tots find a suitable story for Christmas. You can also participate in reading the story with your kids.
- Pick a phoneme that you want your toddler to learn. Tell them that they must read every word.
- Make sure that the toddlers emphasize Phoneme M. You can give them directions from time to time.
- To incorporate funny vibes, recommend your kids pick a Christmas character from the story and draw it on a drawing art book.
- At the time of drawing they will continue pronouncing phoneme.
- Encourage them to show their creativity by using different brushes, paint colors, and white cardboard.
Suitable for: Age Group 1 year 4 months and above
3) Jesse Tree
The preparation of the Jesse tree is another exciting activity that will thrill your toddlers. The aim of preparing this tree is to make your little ones aware of the stories and symbol of Advents. Here are the simple steps to craft this tree and keep your little ones engaged.
Steps to Prepare Jesse Tree
- Select some symbols representing bible stories related to the Advent season.
- Ask your little ones to prepare these symbols using craft materials.
- Give them the required materials such as craft paper, markers, color pencils, scissors, etc. Intervene to ask if they need any other supply.
- Now ask them to pick a small tree or even a branch. This will be Jesse Tree.
- Let the little ones select an appropriate place for placing Jesse tree. If they have taken a branch then guide them to place it in a pot or a bucket filled with sand.
- Your toddlers will pick some symbols related to Advent and you will guide them about the importance of the arrival of Jesus.
- Also, ask them to go through a symbol’s story themselves and give them time to recite themselves.
- You can start doing this activity from 1st December and can do it till Christmas day. Also, prepare them to prepare at least one ornament related to the chosen symbol or story.
Suitable for: Age group 4 and above.
4) Jingle Bells Sticks
The vibes of the festive season will become more funny when the little ones prepare Jingle Bells Sticks. Christmas activities for toddlers like Jingle Bell Sticks will not only keep them busy but also will be a great choice for the development of creative insights in them. Let’s jump in to prepare this engaging craft.
Steps to Prepare Jingle Bells Sticks
- You will need certain materials to prepare these sticks. Take small jingle bells, wooden sticks- 12 to 16 inches, colorful tape, markers, stickers, scissors, ribbons, and other decorative ornaments.
- Ask your toddlers to choose a workstation that comforts them the most. Place all the materials carefully at the workstation.
- Encourage the kids to show their creativity by adorning the wooden sticks using markers, stickers, colorful tape, and other embellishments.
- Now take glue, and apply it to the inside of the jingle bells. Attach these bells to the one end of the stick.
- Once these bells are securely glued, wrap a piece of ribbon or twine around the top of the stick where the bells are attached.
- Shake the jingle bell sticks and hear their festive jingling.
Suitable for: Age group 2 to 5
5) Christmas Kindness Activity
Another crazy Christmas activity for kids is the Kindness activity that helps you to ensure enthusiasm in them. We all know that toddlers love sharing and you should use their goodness in a manner of fun. Let’s learn to express kindness with a touch of crazy ideas.
Steps to Perform
- Start this activity at least one week before Christmas.
- Let your kids choose some tasks of kindness. This can be as simple as giving water to plants or helping their friend with some money.
- Ask them to perform at least one task daily. They will perform one act of kindness and will also give a small gift to the person. For instance, it can be a hand-made card, candies, or some small gifts from the money of their piggy bank.
- This simple activity will teach them the more they will help others, the more gratification they will get in life.
Suitable for: Age Group 3 to 5
Precautionary guide for Adding and Using Scissors ( For Parents)
We highly recommend that parents should choose scissors specifically designed for toddlers. These scissors are more comfortable for toddlers as they can handle them very easily. For instance, you can pick scissors with tiny oval handles for your little ones. Always ensure that your kids are in your supervision when working with scissors. Never leave your children unattended. Give training to your kids about the safety rules while they are handling scissors. Also, as parents, you must demonstrate to the toddlers how to hold and use the scissors.
The Closing Thoughts
We hope that these Christmas activities for toddlers will add to the mirth of the festive season. They will learn new skills of drawing, decorating, and pronunciation based on these activities. Give them a try this year amidst the sounds of Christmas Carols, and Jingle Bells. You will feel the difference.